Not sleeping well at night? Sleep is vital for optimal health and is one of the four pillars of health.
Regeneration occurs during sleep. It stimulates tissue regeneration, liver cleansing, muscle-building, break down of fat stores and normalization of blood sugar. Sleep helps minimize aging and many health problems are aggravated by inadequate sleep. Sleep renews energy and contributes to a more positive outlook on life contributing towards our complete potential.
Inadequate sleepers are often experience:
- impaired memory
- reduced stress tolerance
- mood changes
- muscle tension
- decreased concentration
To improve the quality of your sleep do the following:
1. Exercise regularly
2. Make sure your room is clutter free, quiet, and comfortable
3. Reduce excess lighting in the room
4. Reserve the bed for sleep only. Do not watch tv, eat or worry in bed.
Help your body prepare for sleep by
1. Taking warm baths
2. Meditating for 5-30 minutes
3. Acoustic recordings can help relax the brain for sleep
4. Try an herbal sedative like essential oils: chamomile, valerian, lavender or passion-flower